Description & Course Objective
Junior Navigation is the first in a two-part program of study in offshore navigation, followed by the Navigation course. It is designed as a practical "how to" course.
Subject matter includes:
- Precise time determination
- Use of the Nautical Almanac
- Taking sextant sights of the sun
- Reducing sights to establish lines of position
- Special charts and plotting sheets for offshore navigation
- Offshore navigational routines for recreational craft
William Reasons, SN
Bill is a Past Commander of CLSPS Squadron, Past District Commander of District 27. He has taught the JN (Junior Navigation) and N (Navigation) courses.
For course dates, check the Calendar. If not scheduled, call the Squadron Education Officer SEO. Courses will be offered based on interest and requests.